Tuesday 10 July 2012

Happy Tuesday...

Abigail Wiles Photography

A Mini Photo Album...Sort of?

After a long, rainy day of studying I finally got around to looking through this mornings shoot I did with my lovely friend, Jess. I have to say I'm rather pleased with the results. I'm currently doing my A2 Photography course on portrait photography, looking at the likes of Bailey and Gotts. Now obviously the photograph on the left isn't exactly your average black and white sixties shot, but instead I took inspiration from the make-up and lighting while adding my own twist.
For this shoot I decided to play around with back lighting Jess. It gives her an almost Goddess-like appearance don't you think? The golden glow around her red hair really makes it a stunning looking shot. Which is quite something coming from someone who usually can't stand her own work.



Abigail Wiles Photography

Now this shot to the right is one of the more sixties inspired portraits I think. I attempted to experiment as much as I could with high key lighting, getting the shot to look really sixties inspired. I tend to find that having Jess model for me helps; she has a sort of Jean Shrimpton look about her.


And in other news...

Recently I've been going a bit mad watching as many of my older sister's DVDs as possible before she moves back to her Uni house. So far I've gone from having a ridiculous stack of them to a tiny few DVDs sitting on the floor looking lonely. Sad thing is I don't want to watch any of them. None at all. I really just want to watch Marvel films. All of them. I've been going through them so quickly. In the past week I've managed to get through Captain America, Thor, Iron Man and Hulk. I really need to get onto Iron Man 2 as I don't think I've ever seen it before. (shocker!)

On a more serious note, I've been ridiculously down for the past few weeks. I ended up at breaking point around two weeks ago and everything got too much. I think I cried at least once everyday for god knows how many days. It was only when I broke down on the lovely lady at sixth form that I decided I should see my doctor. She told me all sorts about how someone my age shouldn't be feeling all these things and what not and so has sent me for counselling. Again, because of my age she wants me seen as soon as and will be checking up in two weeks to see if I've had an appointment yet. Up to now I've not had anything through the post so I'll just have to wait and see. Now don't get me wrong I know this will probably be good for me but I'm utterly terrified of speaking to a stranger about my problems. Yes, they're professionals, it's their job to listen and try and help but I could barely talk to my doctor about these things, let alone a complete stranger. I suppose I'll find out when the appointment comes around but until then I'll just have to continue talking nonsense to my mum and hamster.

As far as blogging goes I'm hoping that I'll get chance to post things around two or three times a week, cause I'm rather enjoying it so far. So with any luck there will be a new post here within a few days.

Until then, take care,

Abigail


3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world. Your photography is lovely and I look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what gorgeous portraits! You've certainly got an eye for it.

    I hope talking helps. I've been feeling rather lost for sometime now, but it's hard to put things into words or sometimes trying to figure out what exactly is wrong when nothing seems wrong.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the blogging world!! Found you via your mom and look forward to seeing more from you. Your photos are lovely! I wish I had taken a photography course all those years ago. I love photography and find it a great way to express so many emotions. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete